Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC (located on the Upper East Side in Manhattan, New York) are specialists in hip surgery including avascular necrosis / osteoporosis of the hip. Avascular necrosis / osteoporosis of the hip (often referred to as “AVN”), also called osteonecrosis, aseptic necrosis, or ischemic bonenecrosis, is a medical condition that occurs from the temporary or permanent loss of blood to the bone. Avascular necrosis of the hip can successfully be surgically treated by the NYC orthopedic surgeon.
Please note: We accept full out of network insurance befits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of your avascular necrosis / osteoporosis of the hip surgery. Our surgical coordinator will assist you with all paperwork, pre-authorizations, and approvals.
Appropriate treatment for avascular necrosis of the hip is necessary to keep joints from breaking down. Without treatment, most people with this medical condition will experience severe pain and limitation in movement. To determine the most appropriate treatment, the doctor considers the following:
- the age of the patient
- the stage of the disease (early or late)
- he location and whether bone is affected over a small or large area
- the underlying cause of osteonecrosis; with an ongoing cause such as corticosteroid or alcohol use, treatment may not work unless use of the substance is stopped.
Surgical Treatment for Avascular Necrosis / Osteoporosis of the Hip
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC offer a variety of surgical procedures to treat osteonecrosis. Most people with avascular necrosis of the hip / osteonecrosis will eventually need surgery.
- Core decompression. This hip surgery removes the inner cylinder of bone, which reduces pressure within the bone, increases blood flow to the bone, and allows more blood vessels to form. This procedure is best suited for people who are in the earliest stages of osteonecrosis, often before the collapse of the joint.
- Osteotomy. This highly customizable surgical treatment involves reshaping the bone to reduce stress on the affected area of the hip. This procedure is most effective for patients with early stage osteonecrosis.
- Bone graft. With this procedure the orthopedic hip surgeon transplants healthy bone from another part of the body. It is often used to support a joint after core decompression.
- Arthroplasty / total joint replacement. Total joint replacement is considered the best treatment of choice in late-stage avascular necrosis of the hip and when the joint is destroyed. In this orthopedic surgery, the diseased joint is replaced with artificial parts. Total joint replacement, or sometimes femoral head resurfacing, is often recommended for people for whom other efforts to preserve the joint have failed. Various types of replacements are available, and people should discuss specific needs with their doctor.
Our NYC orthopedic surgeons pride ourselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive orthopedic hip surgery care. Our philosophy of direct orthopedic surgeon to avascular necrosis of the hip patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected practices on the Upper East Side in Manhattan. Feel free to contact our NYC orthopedic hip surgery practice today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery.
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC specialize in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial hip pain consultation to the post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff with the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome. As best in class, top rated orthopedic hip surgeons we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an avascular necrosis of the hip surgery consultation please use the eForm on the right please feel free to phone us to you to get started on the road to recovery:
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC
737 Park Ave
New York, NY 10021