Direct anterior hip replacement surgery is offered by the best in class orthopedic hip surgeon of Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC. Direct anterior hip replacement surgery is a contemporary and best in class modern technique for hip replacement surgery in which the surgery is performed through an alternative approach (muscles and tendons are not cut with the anterior approach) compared to conventional hip replacement surgery. Historically, hip replacement surgery was performed utilizing traditional posterior or lateral approaches.
Dr. Davidovitch is an extremely skilled surgeon in total hip replacement. He does the anterior approach which allows minimal pain & speedy recovery. I have had both hips replaced 3 1/2 years apart. With the latest surgery I walked without a cane after a few hours. I was pain free in one week. I cannot praise him enough for the results. Thank you Dr. Davidovitch. ~ Healthgrades
Please note: We accept full out-of-network insurance benefits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top-rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of hip replacement surgery. Our surgical coordinator will assist you with all paperwork, pre-authorizations, and approvals.
- The anterior hip replacement surgery approach: A quick operation, fast recovery, minimal pain, small scar
- We offer the anterior approach and computer navigation for the most precise placement of the implant
- This hip replacement surgery is a very successful operation at relieving pain and restoring function
Anterior hip replacement is a minimally invasive hip surgery performed by the board certified NYC orthopedic surgeon to replace the hip-joint without cutting through any muscles. It is also referred to as “muscle sparing surgery” because no muscles are cut enabling a fast return to normal activity.
The advantages of the anterior hip replacement approach over the traditional posterior approach is that post-operative pain is minimized, surgical blood loss is minimal, the surgery itself is faster, and recovery is much quicker.
Orthopedic hip replacement surgery is necessary in patients with arthritis of the hip. Arthritis of the hip (often times referred to as “osteoarthritis”) is a medical condition in which the articular cartilage that covers the hip-joint surface is damaged or worn out causing pain and inflammation.
Hip injuries symptoms which lead to hip surgery:
- Advancing age (wear and tear)
- Pain while bearing weight on the affected hip
- Stiffness in the hip while walking
- Congenital or developmental hip diseases
- Previous history of hip injury or fracture
- Inadequate or no response to non-surgical treatment and medications
- Increased stress on hip because of overuse
The aim of hip replacement surgery is to replace the bone ends contacting each other with artificial material (prosthesis) so that the patient no longer experiences any pain. A hip replacement involves a replacement of the top end of the femur bone with a titanium implant and ceramic or metal ball.
Symptoms of Arthritis of the Hip Include:
- Pain in the hip, groin, back or thigh
- Decreased range of motion (hip osteoarthritis may make it particularly difficult to spread the legs apart, extend the leg straight back, or to point toes inward and move the entire leg in that direction (internal rotation)
- Chronic hip swelling (the joint can become irritated and swell as a result of the friction between the femur and pelvic bone)
- Hip crunching or popping (a crunching sound or a popping feeling can be a sign of bone-on-bone friction caused by hip osteoarthritis)
- Loss of hip function
Patients with arthritis have worn out articular cartilage, a narrowed joint space, and may have bone spurs or excessive bone growth around the edges of the hip joint. Patients with arthritis experience pain, stiffness, and loss of movement.
Our NYC orthopedic surgeons pride themselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive orthopedic hip replacement surgery care. Our philosophy of direct orthopedic surgeon to patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected practices in Midtown Manhattan, New York. Feel free to contact our NYC orthopedic hip surgery practice today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery. The NYC orthopedic hip surgeon offers remote consults anywhere in the world.
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC specialize in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial hip pain consultation to the post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff with the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome. As top-rated, best in class orthopedic hip surgeons we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care for your hip replacement surgery. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a hip replacement surgery consultation please use the eForm on the right please feel free to phone us to you to get started on the road to recovery:
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC
485 Madison Ave, 8th Floor, Suite 1
New York, NY 10022