Hip arthoscopy is offered by the best in class board certified orthopedic surgeons of Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC (a division of Glashow Orthopedics). Hip arthroscopy is a short, safe, minimally-invasive orthopedic surgery procedure which utilizes a small camera system and instruments to visualize and repair the hip joint. Hip arthoscopy is used successfully in the treatment of various hip ailments.
Please note: We accept full out of network insurance befits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of your hip arthoscopy surgery. Our surgical coordinator will assist you with all paperwork, pre-authorizations, and approvals.
Conditions occurring inside the hip joint (intra-articular) and those found outside the hip joint (extra-articular) can be safely treated using arthroscopic technology.
- Hip arthoscopy can allow for a quicker recovery period, less scarring, and a return to pre-injury activity levels which make it an ideal technique for athletes and those under the age of 60.
Hip arthroscopy is typically performed by our NYC orthopedic hip surgeons to remove cartilage, repair labral (soft tissue surrounding hip joint) tears, remove joint lining, improve hip instability and for the early treatment of hip arthritis. Due to the less invasive nature of this procedure, hip arthroscopy is usually done on an outpatient basis.
Hip arthroscopy may be indicated for the following hip disorders:
- Removal of adhesions: Adhesions are areas of built up scar tissue around the hip that can limit movement and cause pain.
- Debridement of loose bodies: Bone chips, debris, or torn cartilage cause hip pain and decreased range of motion and can be removed with hip arthroscopy.
- Debridement of joint surfaces: Conditions such as arthritis can cause the breakdown of tissue or bone in the joint.
- Repair of torn labral / labrum: The labrum lines the outer edge of the acetabulum to ensure a proper fit.
- Removal of bone spurs: Extra bone growth caused by injury or arthritis that damages the ends of the bones cause pain and limited joint mobility
- Partial synovectomy: Removal of portions of the inflamed synovium (joint lining) in patients with inflammatory arthritis can help to decrease the patient’s pain.
- Repair after hip trauma: Repair of hip fractures or torn ligaments caused by trauma.
- Evaluation and diagnosis: Patients with unexplained pain, swelling, stiffness and instability in the hip that is unresponsive to conservative treatment may undergo hip arthroscopy for evaluation and diagnosis of their unique hip pain condition.
Candidates for hip arthroscopy include:
- Athletes with hip pain associated with labral tears +/- FAI
- Athletes with snapping hip syndrome
- Pre-arthritic patients with hip pain and labral tears +/- FAI
- Pre-arthritic patients with hip pain associated with synovitis
- Patients with unexplained hip pain, swelling, stiffness and instability
Our NYC orthopedic surgeons pride ourselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive orthopedic hip surgery care. Our philosophy of direct orthopedic surgeon to patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected practices on the Upper East Side in NYC for hip arthoscopy surgery. Feel free to contact our NYC orthopedic hip surgery practice today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery. The NYC orthopedic hip surgeon offers remote consults anywhere in the world.
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC specialize in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial hip pain consultation to the post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff with the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome. As best in class, top rated orthopedic hip surgeons we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a hip arthoscopy consultation please use the eForm on the right please feel free to phone us to you to get started on the road to recovery:
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC
737 Park Ave
New York, NY 10021