Failed hip replacement revision is a specialty offered by our best in class surgeons of Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC. Failed hip replacement revision is a surgical procedure performed in individuals who already had orthopedic hip replacement surgery but had complications that led to failure of the previous hip replacement surgery.
Please note: We accept full out-of-network insurance benefits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top-rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of hip replacement revision surgery. Our surgical coordinator will assist you with all paperwork, pre-authorizations, and approvals.
Dr Davidovich and his team were confident, accessible, and thorough. Dr Davidovich allayed all my fears & anxieties with his professionalism and reassuring approach. At the end, the results speak for themselves. Thank G-d I have no pain and am back to my old self, able to accomplish more than prior to my hip surgery. His anterior procedure is way superior to the posterior one. I know because the last hip on my right side was posterior. I would highly recommend Dr. Roy Davidovich. ~ Healthgrades
With revision hip replacement surgery all or part of previously implanted hip-joint is replaced with a new artificial hip-joint. This surgery varies from very minor adjustments to massive orthopedic hip surgery replacing significant amounts of bone and hence is difficult to describe in full due to the uniqueness of each patient.
- When a replacement joint wears out, loosens or develops a problem, it can be replaced in a revision hip replacement surgery
- Each hip replacement revision surgery is customized to the unique needs of the patient
Revision hip replacement surgery is recommended in patients with:
- Increasing pain in the affected hip is one of the first indications that revision surgery is necessary
- Pain from hardware e.g. cables or wires causing irritation
- Dislocation (instability) which means the hip is popping out-of-place
- Plastic (polyethylene) wear – this is one of the easier revisions where only the
plastic insert is changed
- Loosening of the hip-joint prostheses
- Infection of the hip replacement – infection usually presents as pain but may present as an acute fever or a general unwell feeling
- Osteolysis (bone loss) – this can occur due to particles being released into the
hip-joint which result in bone being destroyed
Our NYC orthopedic surgeons pride themselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive orthopedic hip surgery care. Our philosophy of direct orthopedic surgeon to patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected practices in Midtown, Manhattan. Feel free to contact our NYC orthopedic hip surgery practice today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery from your failed hip replacement revision.
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC specialize in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial hip pain consultation to the post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff with the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome. As top-rated, best in class orthopedic hip surgeons we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a failed hip replacement revision surgery consultation please use the eForm on the right please feel free to phone us to you to get started on the road to recovery:
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC
485 Madison Ave, 8th Floor, Suite 1
New York, NY 10022