Thorough and immediate hip fracture diagnosis and treatment is offered at Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC located in Midtown Manhattan, New York. A hip fracture is a break in the upper quarter of the femur (thigh) bone. The type of hip treatment used to treat a hip fracture is primarily based on the bones and soft tissues affected or on the level of the fracture. Our best in class orthopedic hip surgeon will always try to see a hip fracture consultation as soon as possible (usually same day). If you need care outside of normal working hours please contact us immediately (phone or eForm), we are always accessible.
Correctly diagnosed me after 10 years of suffering through numerous incorrect diagnosises — cannot thank him enough! ~ Healthgrades
Please note: We accept full out-of-network insurance benefits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top-rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of hip fracture diagnosis, treatment, and hip surgery – if surgery is necessary. Our surgical coordinator will assist you with all paperwork, pre-authorizations, and approvals.
- Hip fractures can be corrected and aligned with non-surgically and surgically
- We are specialists in diagnosing and treating hip fractures
- We may order an X-ray to diagnose your hip fracture. Other imaging tests, such as the magnetic resonance imaging or (MRI), may also be performed to detect the fracture.
- We offer many non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures to treat pain precisely at the problematic site, which improves the underlying problem and thereby relieving the pain.
A hip fracture is most frequently caused after minor trauma in elderly patients with weak bones, and by a high-energy trauma or serious injuries in young people (such as a sporting injury). Long term use of certain medicines to treat osteoporosis (a disease-causing weak bones) and other bone diseases, increase the risk of hip fractures.
- A doctor’s referral is NOT necessary from a General Practitioner to see our board certified orthopedic surgeon for a consultation, 2nd opinion, or for treatment at our orthopedic practice – including surgery.
- Emergency hip fractures / urgent orthopedic hip trauma care cases can be seen and treated the same day by the orthopedic surgeon.
- Diagnostic tests, treatments (including your fracture treatment) and consultations can often be carried out on the same day. We offer true concierge medicine to all patients. We have the ability to see our patients immediately; same day, nights and weekend and offer emergency services.
Signs and symptoms of hip fracture include:
- Pain in the groin or outer upper thigh
- Swelling and tenderness
- Pain while rotating the hip
- Discomfort while rotating the hip
- Shortening of the injured leg
- Outward or inward turning of the foot and knee of the injured leg
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC specialize in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial hip pain consultation to the post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff with the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome. As top-rated, best in class orthopedic hip surgeons we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a hip fracture consultation please use the eForm on the right please feel free to phone us to you to get started on the road to recovery:
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC
485 Madison Ave, 8th Floor, Suite 1
New York, NY 10022