Total hip replacement surgery is offered by the board certified best in class hip surgeons of Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC (a division of Glashow Orthopedics). We offer both the direct anterior total hip replacement surgery approach (a contemporary minimally invasive technique) as well as the traditional lateral total hip replacement method. Total hip replacement surgery relieves pain, improves and restores motion, and allows patients to safely return to daily activities. More than 300,000 total hip replacements are performed each year.
- After your diagnosis and evaluation by our NYC orthopedic hip replacement surgeon, we will discuss with you whether total hip replacement surgery is the best option to provide pain relief and improved mobility, which type of total hip replacement surgery is best for you, and if non-surgical treatment options such as biologics – medications, stem cell therapy, or physical therapy – may be considered as an alternative to surgery for your case.
- Having performed thousands of procedures – we customize each total hip replacement surgery to the patients unique needs.
- To achieve the optimal result of a less-invasive total hip replacement surgery our board certified NYC orthopedic hip surgeons follow a specific protocol, that starts prior to your total hip replacement surgery and continues both during and after surgery.
- The fortunate aspect of hip replacement surgery is it’s never too late. Regardless of the stage of symptoms or conditions, total hip replacement surgery is a highly effective means of handling any degenerative condition of the hip joint.
Please note: We accept full out of network insurance befits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of total hip replacement surgery. Our surgical coordinator will happily assist you with all paperwork, pre-authorizations, and approvals.
If your hip has been damaged by arthritis, a hip fracture, trauma, or other conditions, daily activities such as walking or getting in and out of a chair may be painful and terribly difficult. With total hip replacement your damaged hip joint is replaced with hip implants that recreate the ball and socket of a healthy hip. This procedure safely and quickly eliminates pain and restore your hip function.
Total hip replacement surgery performed by our NYC orthopedic hip surgeons offers almost total relief to patients suffering from a number of orthopedic conditions, including osteoarthritis, which is one of the most debilitating diseases in existence.
Reasons for Total Hip Replacement Surgery
- Hip pain that limits everyday activities, such as walking or bending
- Hip pain that continues while resting, either day or night
- Persistent pain, despite the use of pain medication
- Pain that results in loss of sleep
- Difficulty standing from a seated position
- Inability to participate in any mobile activity due to pain
- Pain that is made worse by walking, even with support
- Difficulty with stairs
- Stiffness in a hip that limits the ability to move or lift the leg
- Inadequate pain relief from anti-inflammatory drugs, physical therapy, or walking supports
There are several conditions that could necessity hip replacement, such as:
- Osteoarthritis: This degenerative hip condition in the joint and underlying bone can cause pain and stiffness.
- Broken hip: In severe cases of a broken hip, the procedure of choice may be a total hip replacement.
- Osteonecrosis: This painful and debilitating condition is present when there is insufficient supply of blood to the femoral head portion of the hip.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An inflammatory disease, rheumatoid arthritis is characterized by painful immobility.
- Bone tumor: Occasionally the formation of a neoplastic growth may be found in your hip’s bone tissue.
Our NYC orthopedic surgeons pride ourselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive orthopedic hip surgery care. Our philosophy of direct orthopedic surgeon to patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and orthopedic hip surgery practices on the Upper East Side in NYC. Feel free to contact our NYC orthopedic hip surgery practice today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery. The NYC orthopedic hip surgeon offers remote consults anywhere in the world.
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC specialize in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial hip pain consultation to the total hip replacement surgery post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff with the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome. As best in class, top rated orthopedic total hip replacement surgeons we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a total hip replacement consultation please use the eForm on the right please feel free to phone us to you to get started on the road to recovery:
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC
737 Park Ave
New York, NY 10021