The best in class hip revision replacement surgeons of Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC are considered specialists in hip revision replacement surgery. Revision hip replacement surgery removes your failed hip surgery implants from a previous total orthopedic hip replacement surgery and replaces them with new ones.
- Hip revision replacement surgery is necessary when part or all of your previous hip replacement needs to be revised.
Please note: We accept full out of network insurance befits for your hip surgery (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of hip revision replacement surgery. Our surgical coordinator will happily assist you with all paperwork, pre-authorizations, and approvals.
Revision of a previous hip replacement surgery is for patients who have had hip replacement surgery in the past but are now experiencing instability, stiffness, and pain in the artificial hip joint.
Common causes for hip revision replacement surgery include:
- Pain – Hip pain is the main reason for hip replacement revision surgery.
- Wear – this can be caused by the plastic (polyethylene) wearing down and is one of the simplest hip revision surgeries because only the plastic insert is changed.
- Dislocation – this can lead to the need for revision of the hip implants.
- Loosening – hip implants can loosen from their attachment to the bone. Loose hip replacement is a non-invasive arthoscopic surgical procedure.
- Infection – usually presents as varying degrees of hip pain but may present as an acute fever or a general feeling of unwellness.
- Bone Loss – Osteolysis can occur due to wear particles being released into the hip joint that result in bone resorption. This may lead to loosening of the hip implant from its bony attachment.
- Hardware Pain – This can be caused by cables or wires causing irritation of the overlying soft tissues.
Our NYC orthopedic surgeons pride ourselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive orthopedic hip surgery care. Our philosophy of direct orthopedic surgeon to patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected practices on the Upper East Side in NYC. Feel free to contact our NYC orthopedic hip surgery practice today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery. The NYC orthopedic hip surgeon offers remote consults anywhere in the world.
Located on Upper East Side in NYC, Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC specialize in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial hip pain consultation to the hip revision replacment post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff with the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome. As best in class, top rated NYC orthopedic hip revision replacement surgeons we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a hip replacement revision consultation please use the eForm on the right please feel free to phone us to you to get started on the road to recovery:
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC
737 Park Ave
New York, NY 10021