Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC offers hip resurfacing surgery. If hip replacement has become necessary for your arthritic hip condition then hip resurfacing surgery may be an option for you – this is one of the most effective contemporary hip replacement surgeries and gives our patients many years of freedom from pain. Hip resurfacing is an alternative to total hip replacement surgery.
- Once you have been diagnosed with arthritis (if you do not have a diagnosis our best in class NYC orthopedic surgeons can diagnosis your condition) that has not responded to conservative hip pain treatment, you may l be a candidate for a hip resurfacing surgery.
- Hip resurfacing surgery offers patients the possibility of returning to more active lifestyles quickly
- All forms of hip replacement allow improved mobility; however, hip resurfacing more closely mimics the normal hip.
- Ideal candidates are those patients who have osteoarthritis and wish to maintain an active lifestyle
- Hip resurfacing is a more conservative and less traumatic alternative to Total Hip Replacement (THR).
Please note: We accept out-of-network insurance benefits (we will contact your insurance company and submit for you). You will enjoy the luxury and benefit of academic medicine in a top-rated concierge environment without the hassle of long hospital waiting room times and paperwork. Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of hip resurfacing surgery. Our surgical coordinator will assist you with all paperwork, pre-authorizations, and approvals.
I was in a great deal of pain before the hip replacement. After a few months from hip surgery, I no longer have pain. My scar is hardly noticeable. I have no difficulty in moving and am very confident in Dr. Davidowitz. I highly recommend him. ~ Healthgrades
The board certified best in class NYC orthopedic hip surgeon may recommend hip resurfacing surgery if you suffer from severe hip arthritis affecting your quality of life and the symptoms have not been relieved with conservative treatment options such as biologics – medications, injections, and physical therapy.
The diagnosis of osteoarthritis is made on history, physical examination & X-rays.
Advantages of Hip Resurfacing Orthopedic Hip Surgery
The main advantage of hip resurfacing surgery is that it is bone sparing in that it does not injure the femoral canal. This allows a Total Hip Replacement to be performed at a later date, if required, with little difficulty.
- Higher activity levels allowed
- Quicker recovery time
- Reduced bone damage
- Advantages of hip resurfacing
- Easier to revise: Components used in both procedures usually wear out, loosen or fail after a period of 10 to 20 years, requiring revision surgery. As hip resurfacing involves less removal of bone, the revision surgery should be easier to perform.
- Lower risk of hip dislocation: As the ball size in hip resurfacing is larger and closer to the normal size, the risk of hip dislocation is less.
- More natural walking pattern
- Greater range of hip motion
Our NYC orthopedic surgeons pride themselves with providing you highly personalized and comprehensive orthopedic hip resurfacing surgery care. Our philosophy of direct orthopedic surgeon to patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected practices in Midtown Manhattan, New York. Feel free to contact our NYC orthopedic hip surgery practice today, at any time, and start yourself on the road to recovery.
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC specialize in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial hip pain consultation to the post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the doctor’s staff with the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome. As top-rated, best in class orthopedic hip surgeons we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a hip resurfacing consultation please use the eForm on the right please feel free to phone us to you to get started on the road to recovery:
Orthopedic Hip Surgeons of NYC
485 Madison Ave, 8th Floor, Suite 1
New York, NY 10022