The type of hip treatment used to treat a hip fracture is primarily based on the bones and soft tissues affected or on the level of the fracture. We will always try to see a hip fracture consultation as soon as possible (usually same day). If you need care outside of normal working hours please contact us immediately (phone or eForm), we are always accessible.
Correctly diagnosed me after 10 years of suffering through numerous incorrect diagnosises — cannot thank him enough! ~ Healthgrades
Please note: Most policies reimburse patients for most of the cost of hip fracture diagnosis, treatment, and hip surgery – if surgery is necessary. Our surgical coordinator will assist you with all paperwork, pre-authorizations, and approvals.
- Hip fractures can be corrected and aligned with non-surgically and surgically
- We are specialists in diagnosing and treating hip fractures
- We may order an X-ray to diagnose your hip fracture. Other imaging tests, such as the magnetic resonance imaging or (MRI), may also be performed to detect the fracture.
- We offer many non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures to treat pain precisely at the problematic site, which improves the underlying problem and thereby relieving the pain.
A hip fracture is most frequently caused after minor trauma in elderly patients with weak bones, and by a high-energy trauma or serious injuries in young people (such as a sporting injury). Long term use of certain medicines to treat osteoporosis (a disease-causing weak bones) and other bone diseases, increase the risk of hip fractures.
- A doctor’s referral is NOT necessary from a General Practitioner to see our board certified orthopedic surgeon for a consultation, 2nd opinion, or for treatment at our orthopedic practice – including surgery.
- Emergency hip fractures / urgent orthopedic hip trauma care cases can be seen and treated the same day by the orthopedic surgeon.
- Diagnostic tests, treatments (including your fracture treatment) and consultations can often be carried out on the same day. We offer true concierge medicine to all patients. We have the ability to see our patients immediately; same day, nights and weekend and offer emergency services.
Signs and symptoms of hip fracture include:
- Pain in the groin or outer upper thigh
- Swelling and tenderness
- Pain while rotating the hip
- Discomfort while rotating the hip
- Shortening of the injured leg
- Outward or inward turning of the foot and knee of the injured leg